What is Charity Ball?
Charity Ball is a soccer charity that provides, new, quality soccer balls to kids in poverty-stricken communities around the world.
- Children in developing countries are forced to deal difficult things like HIV/AIDS, contaminated water and civil war. One way for them to cope is by playing the game of soccer.
- Soccer is an excellent way to learn how to work together and succeed. It promotes friendship and fair play.
- Soccer promotes good health through physical fitness.
- Soccer reduces crime because kids have something constructive to do.
- Many children in developing nations will never get the opportunity to touch or kick a real soccer ball.
- Soccer can help a child develop a strong identity and sense of self worth.
How does Charity Ball Work?
When you donate $25, a new, quality, soccer ball is purchased for a child. Based on a basic criteria, affiliate organizations help us identify needy villages. When communities are approved, partner organizations help us with shipping and transportation. All Charity Balls are hand delivered. Nobody ever has to wonder if their Charity Ball actually made it into the hands of a child.
How did Charity Ball start?
Charity Ball Soccer Charity was started in 2010 by Ethan King, who was 10 years old at the time. During the summer of 2009 he visited Mozambique (Africa) with his dad. While his father rehabilitated water wells, Ethan played soccer with the village kids. In one particular village, he decided to give his soccer ball away and quickly discovered the power of generosity. After returning to the United States, he decided that he wanted to do more. He gathered with some friends and officially launched Charity Ball.